Just some things we’ve collected over the weekend and as we get ready for tomorrow:
– Jon and Chris make fun of my optimistic writing quite a bit, but what are we supposed to think when Jerry Sullivan sounds like me?
– A friend of the Roost has been taking photos in Boston this year, and he shared with us a ton of photos from earlier in April.
– The AP had a nice story about Tyler Myers that gave me the excuse to post that graphic.
– Ben from The Sports Assault has a good piece about Santonio Holmes and troubled wide receivers. Of all athletes, I think I’m most perplexed by wide receivers. Anything that speaks to their quirks is something I find interesting, so give that a read.
– Huffington Post Traffic and Trends editor and Sabres fan Craig Kanalley is trying something new for the postseason: a Tumblr to collect the sights and sounds of the playoff run. Here’s the catch: all text needs to be 140 characters or less. I think it’s a great idea and can’t wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully he has a lot of work ahead of him.
– Katebits at The Willful Caboose is doing a hilarious set of posts entitled “The Bandwagon Fan’s Guide to the Sabres.” It’s always great to get a refresher on the team, so go check out that series of posts. You’ll laugh at Tim Connolly all over again.
– Heather B. had a nice post about the postseason that got me inspired.
– There has been a ton of buzz this week about the playoffs, and I haven’t linked everything I’ve read from the local bloggers. Still, you should take a second and look over the blogroll on the right sidebar. There’s a lot of great stuff going on out there, and you should check it out before Thursday night.
– I was doing my usual “let’s look for crazy photos” routine and came across the above photo and this article, which talks about the demise of the Duke Nukem video game franchise. I’m a bit of a gaming nerd, so that was really interesting to me.
– Also, in case you don’t have it, you can find the full playoff schedule here.