F$%k it, I’m checking down.
The Bills are back, and so is Trent Edwards. Considering this is his second concussion in as many years, expectations have to be low today. Who knows what we will see out of him, and who knows which version of the Bills defense shows up. Then again, Tennessee is awful this year. But so are we.
Consider this your gameday prep.
Announcers: Ian Eagle, Rich Gannon
Flash Website You Might Find Useful In Case of Blowout:
Things Worth Knowing/Mocking/Reading
– Hey T.O., you think Trent will get you the ball this week? week off? Oh. Bummer.
– In a related story, Owens says he will play today. Okay then.
– As bad as the Bills are this year, it surprises me just how many teams out there are technically worse. The Titans are 2-6, but the Rams, Buccaneers, Lions, Browns, and Chiefs all sit at 1-7. The Redskins and Raiders are 2-6, and four teams (Bills included) are 3-5. Holy crap that’s a lot of bad football out there. Over a third of the league just plain sucks.
– If you were hoping Trent would get some help up front, count Jonathan Scott out. He will miss his fourth straight game, this time for a “personal issue.” Personally I don’t blame him, getting quarterbacks murdered would weigh heavy on my conscious, too.
– Buffalo Rumblings has your Keys to Victory if you want some real analysis before 1pm.
– You know what, I’ll admit it: I’m excited for Colts/Patriots. I know it’s always hyperbolic overkill, but I think it’s going to be a good game. That’s all we can really ask for, especially after a rough day of football otherwise. If you get tired of Bills/Titans, flip over to Fox for Dolphins/Bucs. Then at 4pm, watch Tony Romo watch Aaron Rodgers get sacked seven times. Sounds fun to me.
– Here’s your “Can the Saints run the table?” update: Currently 8-0 and with a matchup against St. Louis, it looks like 9-0 is a mere 56 points away. Seriously, you’re putting Drew Brees in a dome against a team that should basically put Steven Jackson’s face on the helmet instead of horns. We’ll see you next week, Drew. Have fun.
Your Weekly Bill Simmons Quote About the Bills (Sort of)
One other thought: Every one of Pat White’s Wildcat cameos is the exact opposite of Michael Vick’s cameos in Philly. With White, anything is possible. With Vick, it’s just depressing. This might be the single worst comeback that didn’t involve a porn star, wrestler, musician or Magic Johnson. Can we all agree that (A) he lost his legs; (B) pre-2007 Vick is gone and not coming back; and (C) it doesn’t matter where he plays next year, since he won’t be good, anyway? You know how you can block people on Twitter? I wish I could block all “Where is Michael Vick going in 2010?” stories from my eyes and ears. Doesn’t matter. We don’t care.
Like I said, sort of.
Obligatory “Get Pumped” Video
What can I say, Tennessee sucks…
Ways to Talk to Us