Byrd and Corner are Jake Delhomme’s biggest fans.
Despite the overtime win last week in New Jersey, it’s safe to say the Buffalo Bills are still struggling. Starting quarterback Trent Edwards is hurt, the defense gave up huge gains on the ground last week, and no one knows what Ryan Fitzpatrick can do behind center. The good news is that no one knows what Jake Delhomme will do, either.
Consider this your gameday prep.
Announcers: Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker (Sweet.)
Stats: NFL.com, ESPN, or Yahoo Sports all do a good job. If you have fantasy teams through Yahoo, you get StatTracker free this year. If you didn’t know that until now, I’m pretty sure I just made your week.
Flash Websites You Might Find Useful:
Two new ones this week:
Special thanks to BuffaloGeek‘s Facebook page.
Things Worth Knowing/Mocking/Reading
– So Terrell, are you upset you didn’t get traded on Tuesday? Oh, okay then. is the Tweet Terrell Owens would have sent.
– Seriously, how bad has Jake Delhomme been this season? 79/133 for 847yards, 4TD/10INT. He’s been a mess since the implosion against Arizona in the playoffs last year, and Steve Smith is going to kill someone if he doesn’t get the ball soon. Seriously, he’s had like two catches all year. Get the ball to Steve before someone dies, Jake.
– Roscoe Parrish will be the third quarterback today, which means he will be active. So much for all that “Roscoe is done in Buffalo” talk.
– Seriously, how cool is Ochocinco at this point? It’s a pretty blatant PR move to market a new phone, but still the guy has guts. I’d let him take me to a movie.
– If you’re upset about the Bills game today, at least you’re not watching volleyball like we were last year.
– Did you know the Patriots are playing in London this week? Honestly, I had no idea this was happening. Do people say the same thing when the Bills play in Toronto?
– I’m very skeptical of what Fitzpatrick will be capable of, but honestly I’m more worried about the defense. No one can convince me that the Panthers are as stupid as the Jets: They won’t feel bad at all if they run for 450 yards and Delhomme attempts ten passes. In fact, they’d prefer it. The Bills D needs to show up or this game is over before it starts.
– I’m not linking to it, but Rick Reilly is such a hack.
Your Weekly Bill Simmons Quote About the Bills (Sort of)
Did you know the new Nets owner is 6-foot-9? Technically, we should be calling him Mutant Russian Mark Cuban. I have been on a dumb All-Star team kick lately (God knows why), but here’s another one: The Conan O’Brien “Good God, I Never Knew He Was That Tall, This is Completely Disarming, He’s a Borderline Freak!” All-Stars. First ballot members include Michael Eisner, Jeff Goldblum, Vince Vaughn, Tim Robbins, Clint Eastwood, Scott Van Pelt, Howard Stern, Tom Brady, Dave Winfield, Bob Saget, Maria Sharapova, Dick Ebersol … and, of course, Mutant Russian Mark Cuban.
Wow, not even close. We may not see him talk about football until 2012.
Obligatory “Relax because we’re giving up 300 yards rushing” Video
Can’t mention Carolina without Ryan Adams, right?
Ways to Talk to Us