It’s been a short week, but I think we are all ready to get the home opener under our belts and move on. It’s odd to have a 4pm start time, but that only means the crowd should be even louder.
Consider this your belated gameday prep.
Announcers: Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa, Satan.
Flash Websites You Might Find Useful In Case of Blowout:
Things Worth Knowing/Mocking/Reading
– Hopefully Owens has more to say to reporters after this game than he does on Twitter. I know Deadspin gave Jerry Sullivan a hard time this week, but I tend to agree with his column. T.O. needs to be accountable here, and you don’t want to snub the media even in a relatively small crowd like Buffalo.
– I find it really odd that ESPN is digging for something to go wrong, as evidenced by the “T.O. THREW TRENT EDWARDS UNDER THE BUS!” explosion earlier in the week. However, it really does make sense. Owens is a story because he’s something to talk about, and so anything he says will be talked about. The Four Letter is always hoping for controversy out of Owens, and if they don’t get it they will try to make it on their own.
If things really go badly, remember that the Raiders are probably going to look just as bad…
– With Welker out for the Pats and some other white dude taking over, I nominate the “White Patriots slot reciever” as the new “Any Denver running back” of the fantasy world.
– This game should be called the Turk Bowl, as both Tampa and the Bills fired their offensive coordinators before the season started. The Bills looked pretty… okay in their first game of the season while Tampa gained 450 yards and scored 21 against Dallas. Maybe these guys are on to something, eh?
– In case you’re wondering, the 4pm game on CBS is Steelers/Bears. You know… just in case.
Your Weekly Bill Simmons Quote About the Bills (Sort of)
The toughest pick of the week. In one corner, we have a team that gave up three 60-yard-plus passing touchdowns, as well as a too-young rookie coach who looks like Walt from “Lost” and mistakenly froze his own kicker last week. In the other corner, we have a team that lost so brutally one of its fans (Kevin in Buffalo) e-mailed to ask if Bills fans could get their own Level of Losing dedicated to them if I ever get around to doing Levels of Losing 3.0. (It’s unprecedented, but yes … it’s the least I can do. You got it.) Anyway, when in doubt, take the points.
As I said, sort of.
Obligatory “Get Pumped” Video
If this can’t get you to 4pm, nothing will.
Ways to Talk to Us