Just because the Bills don’t play until tomorrow doesn’t stop us from being downright jazzed about the first Sunday of football. Here’s a few things you’ll need for your Sunday football viewing. Keep in mind this is for those of you without the NFL Sunday Ticket package. You find your previews somewhere else, Mr. Rockefeller.
CBS: 1pm New York Jets vs. Houston Texans (Jim Nantz, Phil Simms)
Fox: 1pm Minnesota Vikings vs. Cleveland Browns (Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick)
Fox: 4pm New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman)
Stats: NFL.com, ESPN, or Yahoo Sports all do a good job. If you have fantasy teams through Yahoo, you get StatTracker free this year. If you didn’t know that until now, I’m pretty sure I just made your week.
Things Worth Knowing/Mocking/Reading
– Here is Bill Simmons’ first football column of the year. I’m haven’t read it yet, but I’m sure we all will pick our our favorite part to ridicule along with the part we really like. It’s the nature of the beast, really.
– Here are some ridiculously premature Power Rankings
– Attention those of you who drafted Larry Fitzgerald: Troy Polamalu is hurt. Already. The Madden Curse is real, and just becuase there were two players on the cover doesn’t mean you are safe. Pray. Pray right now and do not stop until Fitz gives you 150/2TDS and the score goes final. Every week. Forever.
That is all.
– Emergency fantasy advice, anyone?
Obligatory “Get Pumped” Video
“Bulls on Parade”, Rage Against the Machine- Becuase nothing says “Hey Brett Favre’s back!” quite like Zach de la Rocha.
Random Thoughts You May Skip If You Wish
– I think this is a much bigger deal than people are making it out to be. In fact, I don’t know why this isn’t all over the place. Isn’t a direct campaign against a league’s anti-drug policy a big deal?
– One of the best things about the Bills opening on Monday Night Football is that the real first day of the season can be about just football. You can watch whatever you want and soak in the reality that football’s back. Oh, and only focus on your fantasy team. Andre Johnson, do your thing!
– Why is there nothing good to watch late night on Saturdays? Insomniacs know no weekends…
– We are going to take football very, very serious this year, so expect us to be around all day on Sundays. You can talk to us via AIM (GoosesRoost28), Twitter (Ryan, Rich, and Chris at least…), or email. Even if it’s just to say “get a job, hippie!” we’re all ears.
– Seriously guys, football’s back! Enjoy it while it’s there, because it’ll be February before you know it. The offseason is a cruel mistress, so enjoy these glorious Sundays while you can.