In this tough economic time, being aware of the job market is essential. No job is safe, and so knowing what your options are is always a good idea. Of course, every hockey blogger’s dream is to work for the NHL. Here’s one that came to my email inbox over the weekend:
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in video skits as well as in-game skits to entertain the home crowd throughout the season
• Perform at all Florida Panthers home games
• Represent the Florida Panthers at public appearances throughout the community
• Attend Panthers Watch Parties at local restaurants and bars
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be available to work all of the Florida Panthers home games
• Must be flexible in working hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be reliable and possess a good work ethic
• Creative, ambitious, energetic personality with the ability to motivate others
• No prior mascot experience is necessary, as the performer will receive professional on-site training once hired
• Ideal candidate should be athletic and have some performance background
Oddly enough, one of the most important requirements was not included: BEING A MIDGET! Rich has seen this little guy personally, and he is indeed very, very much “Mini.” Here’s the picture he snagged and sent to me with an incredulous text.
Needless to say, I’m out of the running. However the Panthers aren’t kidding about this guy’s popularity. Heck out his Facebook page, which also helps give you some perspective on just how tiny this Panther is.
So yeah, if you know any little people or minors who can keep their mouths shut in the Sunrise area, let them know an opportunity just came a knockin’.