Because the photo is so perfect, let’s ruin it with some quick hits about the Penguins/Hurricanes game.
– Do you think one of the Staal brothers looked at the other before a faceoff and asked which highway they were going to scream at after getting wasted later that night? Nah, me either.
– I could not have been more surprised that Miro Satan’s move worked. Not only that, it was downright sick.
It was like watching a ghost breakdance. Pretty cool, but where the hell did that come from?
– Carolina had 12 shots in the first period, but finished the game with just 13 more in the final two periods. Just 7 shots in a period you need to have isn’t a very strong showing, especially when you consider how many shots came very late in the game.
– The game was relatively penalty-free, and I think that helped the flow of the action. With two teams like this, the less penalties the better the action.
– Combined TOI for Satan and Boucher? 19:32. Malkin’s TOI? 20:01. Those are your three goal scorers for the Penguins.
– Bob McKenzie thinks injuries to Erik Cole and Tuomo Ruutu could hurt Carolina. Yeah, that sounds reasonable.