– James Mirtle is back from a trip to Nashville and has a very cool story about the visit. We always hear the cliches when it comes to southern hockey markets, so it’s interesting to get a first person account of the Preds and their fans.
– Likely #1 overall pick John Tavares recently broke the OHL’s scoring record. It’s interesting, the way the Isles have been playing these days he might be Tampa’s pick to lose.
– I wanted to read this but I am not an “insider”. If anyone is and wants to give us a summary, let me know.
– Oh, and this is just freaking hilarious. No wonder I stopped reading Page 2 three years ago…
– Last night we got an email about a liveblog a friend was putting on for the NU game. I didn’t catch the email until it was too late, but word is that he will have another one for the MAAC Championship game tonight. I’d encourage you to join them starting at 9pm. Should be a fun night for local hoops.
– I really don’t have much to add about the passing of Colleen Howe, but this picture is pretty cool:
– Tonight on the “games that matter” agenda is Hurricanes/Rangers. The best we can do is pray that it doesn’t end up a three point game. No, I have no idea who to root for. Your guess is as good as mine.
-And in other breaking news-style ramblings, Guy Carbonneau is out as coach of the Montreal Canadiens. General Manager Bob Gainey will take over behind the bench. The Canadiens sit in 5th place in the East and are 5-2 in their last seven; they picked up a big win in Dallas last night. The Habs host Edmonton tomorrow night as the Centennial keeps getting more and more interesting. -Chris