I realized today that I haven’t done a “random bullet points” post on the new site yet. I’m curious to see how it looks, so here goes:
- Speaking of the new site, it’s been a week since we made the big switch. Any questions or comments on how things look? Is there anything you’d like to see change?
- The “big news” of the day looks to be Owens missing voluntary workouts. Like most rational Bills fans I couldn’t care less if he made these workouts or not, but the national media gets what it wants. Get ready to hear more about the non-issues Owens does or does not create all year. I’m excited.
- If the is any good news that came out today it is that the Bills will get at least one Monday Night Football game. It’s at New England on September 14th, but it will be something to look forward to at least. I know I can’t wait to see Dick get out coached on national television again. Good times.
- The Habs may be for sale. It’s been a hell of a centennial for them, eh?
- Ryan Miller was in full pads at practice today. I’d say his chances of starting on Wednesday are about the same as the chances Buffalo makes the playoffs.
- Interesting comment by Lindy Ruff in the WGR article I just linked:
Many including some on this radio station have called for Lindy Ruff’s firing after two bad seasons. Ruff said, “It comes with the territory. I think when you’re not doing well, they’ll point to the coach and I think that’s fair. We’ve got some players haven’t performed and that’s my responsibility and I don’t think there’s any ducking that.”
I think there is a lot of truth to that, and I’m glad to hear him say it. For as often as people are blaming only the players, it’s a head coach’s job to get the very best out of the players on his roster. Last season the rallying cry was that Lindy was doing “the best he can” with what he has. I didn’t believe that then, and I certainly don’t believe it now. It’s just… something to consider when the question of responsibility comes up.