– We will have a liveblog for the games on Friday. Cuse tips at 12:15, and we will be live at 12 and all day. Should be fun, so stop by and feel free to comment.
– As far as day one’s live blog, it was a pretty good time. For this being mainly a hockey blog there are quite a few knowledgeable college basketball fans out there. If you didn’t stop by on Thursday, join us today even if it’s for a little bit.
– If you’re worried about being out of place, topics yesterday included Lil Wayne’s rock album, Sonic, The Decembrists, Choo Choo trains, and the Miami/Oklahoma/Buffalo housing market, among others. I’m sure you can find something to talk about if you try.
– As far as the games? Well, the tourney looked a lot like it did last year. Thursday started slow, didn’t have many upsets until late, and only the late session saw some real last second shots. Western Kentucky’s win over Illinois remains the largest upset of the tourney, but that was the 12/5 upset a lot of people saw. (Heck, even I picked it.)
– Speaking of my bracket, I didn’t take my time with it and it cost me. I got both of the 9/8 games wrong, as well as all three 7/10 match ups. That’s pretty horrible. It’s still early, but already I am ashamed.
– Friday always seems much more exciting for some reason, and the slate of games looks pretty strong. With Syracuse tipping off early, Cornell playing at 3, and Siena in the late session there’s plenty of local interest on tap with some solid matchups along the way. Except the 1/16 games. Those are going to suck.
– I was pretty busy with running the liveblog yesterday and pretty much mailed in the posts. That won’t happen today, and I’ve got a few posts on tap as well as some Sabres stuff to talk about.
For a Friday, it’s going to be pretty busy around here. We hope.