The Sabres have a much needed off day, but is there really ever a day off for hockey fans? Here are a few games you might be interested in watching, as well as where to watch them.
Washington vs New Jersey, 7PM (Jersey is ten points ahead of Buffalo)
Florida vs Toronto, 7:30PM (Florida is three points behind Buffalo, Toronto is in town tomorrow)
Penguins vs Canadiens, 7:30PM (Pens are 4 behind Buffalo, Habs are 5 ahead)
Thrashers vs Rangers, 8PM (Rangers are 5 points ahead of Buffalo)
Hurricanes vs Canucks, 10PM (Carolina is 2 points behind Buffalo)
I’m sure I’ll catch at least one of these games, probably the Leafs because of tomorrow’s game. Here are a few other links for the evening:
– Puck Daddy takes a look at shootout aces, and look who is atop the list. Amazing that they use the one photo of him using the forehand, though.
– I just ordered Leitch’s God Save the Fan in paperback. I didn’t read the first version, so I’m sure I’ll be posting about it once it’s read. I also pre-ordered Palahniuk’s new book, so that should be fun.
– Sabres.TV still hasn’t given us a Pominville video to play with. I think they’re on to us. I mean, they have Matt Ellis on there instead. C’mon guys, throw us a bone here.
– It’s been two days and I still can’t believe this guy has two Super Bowl rings:
– The Sabres are now 5-5 in their last ten games, but doesn’t it feel like they’ve played better than that? Aside from the mind numbing amount of injuries this team has sustained, I feel like they have played well enough to win since the All Star Break. The standings don’t show it, but I think the team is improving down the stretch.
– Last night there was a lot of talk about Vanek’s game recently. I think I’ll put something a bit more substantial together for tomorrow, but I know a lot of people feel he hasn’t been right since the end of December. I’ll see what I come up with.