9:58- Getting a bit of a late start but we’re here. Going to try to update everyone on the latest happenings around the National Hockey League as we creep closer and closer to the 3 p.m. trade deadline. So let’s recap what’s already happened:
- Dan Boyle signed a six-year, $40 million last night to stay in Tampa. Safe to say he’s off the market.
- Peter Forsberg is attempting is a comeback and signed with the Avs yesterday. It’s a one-year deal prorated at $5 million if I’m reading that right.
- Barret Jackman signed a four-year, $14.4 million extension with St. Louis. The Devils were rumored to be interested in his services.
- Mike Comrie signed a one year deal worth $4 million.
- The Flyers traded defenseman Alexandre “Jean-Luc” Picard and a conditional second or third round pick for Tampa’s Vaclav Prospal. Prospal is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.
- Flames GM Darryl Sutter says he won’t deal winger Alex Tanguay and his big contract.
10:36 TRADE: TSN.ca reports Bryce Salvador to the Devils. Blues get Cam Janssen in return.
10:51 TSN reports Marian Hossa will not participate in the Thrashers’ morning skate. He reportedly takes off some morning skates, but has been told by the team to stay at the hotel.
11:15 Wade Belak to Panthers for a 5th round pick per TSN.
11:26: TSN reporting Brian Campbell to Sharks. Details pending.
Sabres trade Brian Campbell and 7th round pick to San Jose for forward Steve Bernier and a first-round draft pick
12:16 Huet to Washington for 2009 2nd round pick
12:31 Richards to Dallas is official: Brad Richards and goaltender Johan Holmqvist to Stars for goalie Mike Smith, centre Jeff Halpern and winger Jussi Jokinen.
1:16 Federov to Capitals
More to come…